Are you part of a church in Barnet and want to get behind this initiative? Great news!
The best way to get behind this is to spread awareness – and what better way than to connect to this site from your church website? It’s really easy and can be done in three simple steps:
- Get your church leader on board (or if you are the church leader – great!) and give the next two instructions to the person who manages your church website.
- Add a page to the church’s website, naming the page “A Year Of Prayer For Barnet”
- Copy and paste the text below onto your church website, being sure to add a hyperlink for the text “click here” as detailed below.
You can change the formatting and colour scheme to match your own website, but we ask that you please do not change the wording to ensure that the initiative is represented consistently.
If you need any help, or have any questions, please contact us.
A YEAR OF PRAYER FOR BARNET: To see God’s kingdom come and His will be done.
A YEAR OF PRAYER FOR BARNET is an invitation for churches in Barnet to come together in prayer, every day for a year.
Initiated by St James’ Church (New Barnet) and The Stable (High Barnet) it’s an opportunity for Christians of all denominations to join together in prayer with a common purpose, every day for a year, beginning on the 10th May 2018 (the day of Pentecost 2018) and running through to the day of Pentecost 9th June 2019.
It is our vision that church home groups, prayer groups and gatherings throughout Barnet that believe in God as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will commit to various dates throughout the year, to create a continuous YEAR OF PRAYER FOR BARNET.
Our expectation is that for each of the 386 days that make up this ‘year’ there will be Christians seeking God for the community of Barnet, pressing in to the four areas of prayer listed below.
Four areas of prayer:
- To foster church unity. ‘So in Christ we, though many, form one body and each member belongs to all the others.’ (Rom 12:5)
- To inspire, encourage and refresh God’s people. ‘God is able to bless you abundantly so that in all things at all times, having all that you need you will abound in every good work.’ (2 Cor 9:8)
- To spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. ‘Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of God is near.’ (Matt 4:17)
- To see our community flourish. ‘if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your prosperous state.’ (Job 8:6)
We hope you will join with us as an act of unity and that together, by the grace of God, we will see Barnet transformed.
To find out more and sign up to pray click here. (By clicking this link you will be taken to an external site.)
*Please ensure to place a hyperlink to “yearofprayerforbarnet.wordpress.com” over “click here” so that readers are directed to this site.