A YEAR OF PRAYER FOR BARNET is an invitation for churches in Barnet to come together in prayer, every day for a year.
Initiated by St James’ Church (New Barnet) and The Stable (High Barnet) it’s an opportunity for Christians of all denominations to join together in prayer with a common purpose.
From the day of Pentecost in 2018…
20th May 2018 – 9th June 2019
…through to the day of Pentecost in 2019.
‘So in Christ we, though many, form one body and each member belongs to all the others.’ (Rom 12:5)
TO INSPIRE, REFRESH, & ENCOURAGE
‘God is able to bless you abundantly so that in all things at all times, having all that you need you will abound in every good work.’ (2 Cor 9:8)
TO SHARE THE
‘Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of God is near.’
TO SEE OUR
‘If you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your prosperous state.’ (Job 8:6)
It is our vision that church home groups, prayer groups and gatherings throughout Barnet that believe in God as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will commit to various dates throughout the year, to create a continuous YEAR OF PRAYER FOR BARNET.
Our expectation is that for each of the 386 days that make up this ‘year’ there will be Christians seeking God for the community of Barnet, pressing in to the four areas of prayer listed above.
We hope you will join with us as an act of unity and that together, by the grace of God, we will see Barnet transformed.
- Fill out the form on the sign up page to send your details and commit to pray. This could be for a day, a week, or on a recurring basis.
- When we receive your request, we will update the public calendar.
- You will receive an event invitation (if you asked for one) for your own calendar when the public calendar has been updated, and a reminder nearer the time (if you want one).
- On the day your group has committed to pray, get together and pray for Barnet, focussing on all four of the areas of prayer mentioned on our home page.
- Keep up to date with local prayer events by checking out our events page.